Welcome to 3D championship second FPV competition. We will be running the competition on Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th September and Friday will be available for a practice.
Pilot entry £40 with £10 refund upon check in.
FPV Pilot Application is here: FPV Pilot Application
This event is a BFPVRA British Championship Qualifying Event. This is your last opportunity of the year to qualify for the British Nationals.
(No more qualifying events will take place after 3D Champs)
As such pilots who wish to have their positions counted at qualifications to the nationals will need to have BFPVRA membership….if they are not a member they have until the Friday 15,September 2017 to register with the BFPVRA.
- All pilots have to attend a general safety briefing and sign the appropriate waivers from the race organiser and venue.
- All pilots must demonstrate effective Fail-Safe procedures defined by the Safety Director. In most cases this is a “Power Down, no pulse” method, where the aircraft will immediately cease flight by stopping all motors and operation if it loses contact with the radio transmitter.
- All pilots must have an “ARMING” position switch or sequence on their radio. The aircraft should not power up by any accidental controls from the radio. Aircraft arming may be executed by a specific switch on the radio, or by a sequence (e.g. yaw right) to actively arm the radio.
- All pilots must demonstrate an airworthy airframe and pass a general mechanics and electronics test.
- Pilots must use FPV to pilot aircraft. This can be with goggles or a ground station, LCD type display.
- Pilots must not power up video transmitters unless they have the express permission of the Race Director e.g. they are about to take part in a race.